Monday, October 26, 2009

Help?

I'm finally getting to the end of my editing process (Mephie is being held together with scotch tape, but is being a remarkably good sport about the whole thing), and starting to look into formatting.

I'm poor, so I don't even have MicrosoftWord. What I do have is OpenOffice. Today I figured out how to get the page numbers not to start on the first page. Now what I need to know is how to justify my text without short sentences being spread across the page l.....i.....k.....e.......... t.....h.....i.....s. If someone could tell me how to achieve that, I would be a happy camper.
I still have no idea what I'm going to do for NaNoWriMo, as I've been focussing all of my attention on Aigaion lately. The other thing, of course, is that my internet connection isn't good enough to even get on the site, let alone sign up. Does anyone know what they're doing yet? I think I just got a good idea. Hum. Shall have to think about that one, and let you guys know.
Oh, and something totally random: I want the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack to play at my wedding... whenever that happens to be.

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

About the only thing that I've found helps with that is to write the whole thing as justified to start with. Otherwise, you have to go through and back up the next paragraph to the start of the previous, and then hit enter again until it works itself out. It's time consuming and annoying as all hell...

As for the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, I has it - so no worries.

Aaaaand...I'm kinda excited for nanowrimo this year. I think I might actually write my story. >:)