Sunday, March 11, 2012

... and other stuff

So, Aigaion Girl turns two this month, which is kind of a big deal and simultaneously not a big deal at all.  In some ways, it feels like it's been a lot longer than two years and in some ways, like it's still very new, just stepping into the world.  I feel like there's a lot more I could and should be doing with it, but still, I'm glad it's out there.

Also, there's this.  It's one of those things that you read and think, Damn, I wish I'd written that - and if you're a writer (and, more especially, if you know a writer) you should definitely give it a read.

I read it yesterday and I couldn't have discovered it at a better time; I'd just spent an evening being told everything I'm doing wrong in terms of marketing myself and that my decision to self-publish was completely incorrect and that I have to do this, this and this to become famous and get rich - since we all know getting rich is why we became writers to begin with.  The letter linked above made me feel instantly better, grounded and more confident.  I'm not going to be quitting my day job anytime soon, but the letter was refreshing and made me remember that one day, I will.

No comments: